Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Miscellaneous Post #1

Breast cancer awareness month kicked off this month. It's kind of cool to see the campus decorated in pink especially during diversity week. So while I was at work yesterday I finally got a chance to read The Anchor when I began to read an article about a fellow classmate of mine. Her Name is Sue-Ellen Jimenez and the article was about her brave battle with breast cancer.I was amazed yet proud of her for sharing her story to the thousands of students that read the school paper.  Her story was an eye opener making me realize that cancer has no name, age, or race. Now she is cancer free and enjoying her life as a college student as well as  actively participating in Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Foundation. I applaud her for bravery as well as the millions of other women who have survived and lived to tell their stories.  



Here is the story :

No comments:

Post a Comment